Sunday, December 20, 2015

Espartaco

Photos by Emmy Eriksson - www.emeriphoto.com

Espartaco is really something special... A horse with TONS of attitude and not all of it in the best way. Like today... We were out riding and suddenly he did not want to go forwards. And when he doesn't want to do something you pretty much have to move the universe for him to change his mind... AND when you get him to change his mind he will be so upset and angry that he did not get his way. He is like a stubborn little boy. So today when he did not want to go I asked him gently to go but no, he lay down instead... in the snow. All that fuss instead of just moving one hoof in front of the other. Principles you know.

Mr.Ferrari is a horse that pretty much is impossible to describe. He has so much personality and is too intelligent for his own good. AND on top of that he has been a real warhorse in Spain fighting bulls as a "Rejoneo" horse. So well you can imagine how strong, brave and proud you have to be... And on top of that as well he is a clown. He can take his halter off by himself for example and he is way to proud of himself when that happens.

Espartaco hates to be out in the woods for outdoor riding, he doesn't see the point of it. His life pretty much sucks (according to him) when we move towards the beautiful forests. He is a working machine. He wants to work, train and evolve. I've never met a more "workaholic" in a horse.

He is a horse that you really have to "deserve". He will not give you anything if you don't earn it. He is by far one of the most complex and difficult horses I've ever had the chance to work with but I can't begin to describe the love I feel for this boy and how fun we have together. We both love to work, we both love to be epic and cool and full of ourselves, to be on shows, movies and photos! If you can find a soulmate in a horse Espartaco is mine. Rio was my love - my guardian spirit - my angel but Espartaco is me - my exact mirror and I am so grateful and proud to call this beyond amazing stallion my own! He is not easy and nothing is free but he makes me better in every way.

"Every rider has that one special horse, that one horse who changes everything about them."

Photo by Therese Hübner

No comments:

Post a Comment