Monday, October 23, 2017

Chapter 4 - Hechicero SR

After selling Lucero I took some time off and went down to Spain again to look for a new horse. I went to one of my favourite studs at that time, remembering seeing their amazing world-class stallion a few years earlier and since that day one of my dreams was owning a son of the magnificent Inedito!  But little did I know that I would fall in love with TWO amazing silver stallions! Jubileo SR and Hechicero SR. The son of Indedito will have to wait for first I will tell you about Hechicero!

Hechicero was the true embodiment of a Spanish stallion! So exotic, so beautiful, kind and wonderful. He was almost like "the perfect horse". I brought Hechicero and Jubileo home to Sweden. But as we all know things rarely turn out as we dream. I owned Hechicero for less than a year. He was a perfect horse in so many ways but we never truly matched when he came home and he began with a lot of stereotypical behaviors of a horse that was not happy. I tried as I always do to change things around him for a better result but Hechicero was in a downward unhappy spiral that I just couldn't help him out of, BUT sometimes things just have a reason. My friend who lives down in South of Sweden had been in love with him from the very first picture I showed her. And she was looking for a kind, calm, easy going stallion. I wanted a little more energy and in her stable stood Indiano! A high-energetic cartujano stallion who was too much for her to handle in that time in her life, so we actually traded horses! Hechicero went down to Sussi and he lived there for 8 wonderful years until he passed away due to melanoma. It was so amazing to see him with her. They were matches made in heaven and they truly loved each other until the very end.  And I will tell you about my amazing and beloved Indiano in another entry. But the next story is about Jubileo - my dream son of Indedito!



No comments:

Post a Comment