Monday, October 16, 2017

Chapter 1 - My story

Okay. First I must say that I will post MANY - MANY horses... Far too many than I wish would have passed through my life. But there are so many things that we cannot control. Fate being one of them. But here is my story or MY beginning of it (I mean I started out at a riding school, then worked with harness racing horses, went showjumping on Jamaica, competed in dressage and jumping in Denmark aso.) But I will not tell that part since that part is not where my story really began. It began in 1998 in Cartagena, Spain when I first lay eyes on a brown Spanish stallion - I called him Awerlando - and with just seeing that horse I fell unconditionally and irrevocably in love with the Spanish horse!

But before I bought my own horse (in 2004) I borrowed a Lusitano cross stallion from a friend of mine. His name was Zeus. Through Zeus I got to know one of my still best and closest friends Sara. We went to Spain together in 2002 and worked with young stallions, went to ferias, fiestas and just sat on the Spanish fields watching the stars. It was with Sara I had my very first "fantasy" photoshoot by a Spanish castle ruin with a gelding named Bolangero. It was in Spain my love for horsemanship began and I remember working with influences of Spain and the knowledge of Klaus Ferdinand Hempfling. I remember really dancing with the horses, so light, so pure. We didn’t use any tools it was just us, the horses and the picadero. I still carry this knowledge and work with me. Sara and “our” Spain is maybe the thing that has influenced me the most. Always when I am lost or confused I turn to her and suddenly I remember who I am and what I’m actually pretty good at - "Dancing" with horses.

So how did I get my own first horse?! Well I'll tell you! A few weeks before my 18th birthday Sara gave me a call, that her friend in Spain had a horse for sale, a grey little gelding I had seen on pictures when we were there. My parents always said “When you are 18 you can do what you want.” Well said and done! May 5th I turned 18, May 15 my horse finally arrived in Sweden after a trip from Carbonero El Mayor in Spain! So in the next post I will tell you about my first own horse - MARTINETE



No comments:

Post a Comment